Friday, March 30, 2012

Sweet Spring


                     This effusively flowering Camellia is at the end of our porch.  The picture was taken in mid-March!
                    
                                        


Sweet Spring

I close the door and lock the latch
To walk the walk four blocks and back.

I breathe in deep, and smell the sweet;
The scent and sight of flowers meet.

Yellow, purple, pink and white
Fill my senses with delight!

Fingertips of soft mint green
Grace the trees in lovely scene.

Bird songs fill my ear with sound;
Squirrels cavort along the ground.

Lawns are manicured with care;
My face is kissed by sun-warmed air.

Winter's chill and blahs give way
To warbles, tweets, and sun-filled day!

                                    By Elaine Beachy
                                 March 30, 2012

Copyright © 2012 Elaine Beachy

No comments:

Post a Comment