Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Card

A mom's love is like a beautiful sunrise over the ocean that shimmers, shines, and dances like many glistening facets of a diamond.  A mom's love is but a small reflection of the love of God for us.  How blessed I am to have a Christian mom who reflects the love of Jesus to me and all our family.  A love that believes the best of each of us, encourages and forbears.  A world without a mother's love would be a dismal world indeed.  Our family was at Nags Head in 2006 and we took the following picture at sunrise.


I post here the Mother's Day poem I wrote in a card for my loving mother, Elva.

               Mother Dear

M  is for the miles you walked
     in tending to our needs.

O  is for your open heart
     filled with kindly deeds.

T  is for the treasured days
    you made so long ago.

H  is for your helpfulness
     that always overflowed.

E  is for your easy smile
    that brightened up my way.

R  is for the ready love
    that always was displayed.

These simple words cannot express,
Nor loving memories end,
Or give the praise that you deserve --
My Mother Dear, my friend!

            I love you , Mom!
          Happy Mother's Day
              May 10, 2012
                   Elaine

Copyright © 2012 Elaine Beachy

No comments:

Post a Comment