Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book Signings

You may be wondering, "Why do you want book signings?" and, "What do I do there?" or, "How do I go about hosting one for you?

At a book signing, I have quantities of my book for sale, but I sell myself -- not just the book, by talking with guests -- hopefully insipring and connecting with them.  The purpose of a book signing is for folks to come meet me, purchase a book and ask me to sign it.  If you bought my book elsewhere, you may bring it and I'll be happy to sign it as well.

If you're interested in hosting a book signing for me, here's all you do: 

1.  Call me to set up a date.  My phone number is 703-369-5587.  I can supply you with flyers.

2.  Invite your friends and acquaintances, take flyers to local churches, grocery stores, or any places that allow public notices.

3.  Serve simple refreshments such as cookies and a beverage.

I held one official book signing here at my house on July 1, and another one at my friend Jane's home in Stephens City this past Saturday, the 14th.  I am hosting another book signing at my home this Thursday, July 19 from 10 a.m. to 12:00 noon; the address is 8908 Weems Road, Manassas, VA 20110 if you'd like to come.  Below is a photo taken at Jane's house on Saturday:


In the photo, left to right are Alexa, a lovely 12-year old girl who has read and loves my book, yours truly, Barb Kline and Mabel Gibbons, who is 91 years old.  They bought several books for their grandchildren.  (Barb and Mabel were the last 2 guests of the day.)  Quite a generation spread, don't you think?  It is my belief that the generations need each other. 

I'm doing another book signing at my friend Sahar Smith's home from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. on August 4 in Catharpin, VA.  

The following Saturday my husband and I are attending the First Mennonite Church Reunion to be held at the Springs Mennonite Church in Springs, PA, and I've been invited to bring some books along to sell there.

Regina Clemons from our life group at church wants to set up some library book signings for me. 

I've contacted the Family Christian Store in Manassas about carrying my book and a possible book signing there too. 

If I can convince and inspire parents, grandparents, kids, and even older children with my message that 1.) kids need Jesus too, 2.) kids need wholesome reading material; 3.) kids need the truth for a solid foundation for life, then my goal as an author will have been realized.

Doing book signings is one of the best ways to generate book sales and get my message out there.   Nobody throws matches at a big log to try to ignite a fire.  Rather, one uses kindling -- something small -- and lights a match to that.  One can set a whole forest ablaze with kindling and just one match.  So it is with my book: word of mouth is the kindling, and enthusiasm is the match.  I pray my book sells like wildfire!

P. S.  Please order my book at www.elaineandfriends.com, and give several for a child's birthday, Christmas gift, or Easter basket.  Remember a child who is convalescing or in a wheel chair; it'll brighten his day!

Copyright © 2012 Elaine Beachy



No comments:

Post a Comment