Friday, September 2, 2016

I Had a Dream





In my dream, I was with my husband, Dave, at a small gathering of some kind, like a casual picnic. As people talked to one another, I felt the authority of the Spirit of God rise up inside me. I stood up, and announced, “Listen, folks, you need to be more concerned about your eternal destiny than about who will be your next president!”

I cried out, “Jesus is Lord! Jesus is Lord! He is King of the world, and all are to worship Him! Do you know where you will spend eternity? Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins, and tell Him you receive Him as your Lord and Savior!”

One woman immediately came up to me and asked, “Would you please pray for me?”

As I moved to do so, with Dave next to me, others too crowded around, wanting me to pray for them. Soon I saw a long line as far as I could see, getting in line for prayer. I felt overwhelmed by the massive hunger of the people before me and the opportunity it presented to be used of God. I remember thinking, “I need others to help me.” Then I awoke just as I started to pray for the woman.

I prayed, “Lord Jesus, what do you want me to do? How can I pray for all these people?” 

The result of that dream is this blog post, to invite you into a personal relationship with Jesus. He needs you to know that He loves you intensely and wants you as His own. He paid for your sins so you could have peace with God. Did you know that you are already forgiven as far as God is concerned? But just like an electrical cord does no good unless it's plugged into an outlet, you have to get "plugged in" with God to "complete the circuit" so to speak. Agree with God that you have sinned, and tell Him you accept His forgiveness through Jesus.That's how you get plugged in.

Now is the day of grace. Do you know what I mean? It’s like when you can't pay a bill when it's due, for example, and the company extends a grace period so you don’t have to pay until later. So it is with God's grace; we can't pay for our sins, so Jesus paid the penalty for our rebellion against God. This age of grace will come to an end. All people who have not received forgiveness of their sins through Jesus belong to the devil, and will need to go with him to hell on the day of judgement. That's unspeakably terrible, and it breaks the heart of God. I plead with you to save yourself from that eternal horror! And should you go into eternity today without receiving Jesus' forgiveness for your sins, the devil would claim you, and God can't do anything about it. There are no second chances. Once you pass from this life, your destiny is sealed. It's up to you -- it's your choice.

Will you respond to God's love for you? Please don’t delay; accept God’s love and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. If you do, you will never be judged for your sin, and you will be free from the devil’s ownership of you.That's awesome, great, wonderful news! What a gift from God!

“For God so loved the world (that includes you!) that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16) “The Lord. . . is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9 NKJ)

Seal the contract with God, and be saved from the coming judgment. My friend, there in the quiet of your home, or wherever you are, you can bow your head, and pray something like this: “Jesus, thank You for dying and paying the price for my sins. I repent of all my sins and ask You to save me; I receive your offer of salvation. Come into my life and give me everlasting life. I say you are my Lord and Savior from now on. Thank You for saving me, Jesus! Amen.” (That means, ‘So be it.’)

Friend, if you sincerely prayed that prayer, God has now made your spirit alive toward Him and sent His Holy Spirit to live in you; He will lead and guide you into all truth. Talk to Him by faith (that means even though you can’t see Him). He will help you with everything. Ask Him to lead you to a good Bible-believing church, and to give you Christian friends to support you.

Tell someone you gave your life to Jesus; it will help strengthen you. I’d love to hear from you, too, and tell me about your experience with Jesus. He will never leave or forsake you. You can e-mail me at elainesplace@speakeasy.net.

Jesus is Lord!

Copyright © 2016 Elaine Beachy

No comments:

Post a Comment