Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Talking to Trees



In the shower this morning, the scripture from Mark 11:22-24 came to mind: “Have faith in God. For assuredly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore, I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”

I thought of what prompted those words. It was because the disciples were amazed to see that the fig tree Jesus cursed the day before was now dead. “Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. And Peter, remembering, said to Him, ‘Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.” Jesus answered that ‘whoever’ speaks likewise, will have the same results.

Our country has been on my heart so much lately. As I thought about these scriptures and the current condition of violence in America, the words, “Tree of violence” came to mind. I began to pray: “You tree of violence, I say to you, ‘Be plucked up by the roots and be thrown into the sea, in Jesus’ Name! Every structure, plan, plot, organized effort, every vow, every subversive attempt to destroy our nation’s law and order, be pulled out by the roots and wither away! And may no one ever eat of your fruit again! Close the mouths of the lions, Father! Send out Your angels of peace across America!’”




That tree of violence has many roots, but it shall lose its footing.  

Later, at the kitchen table, I pulled out a chair for Jesus to come fellowship with me. I was praying in the Holy Spirit about these things, when I suddenly became aware of the chair across from me. I sensed that Jesus was praying with me for America!

I began to weep as we prayed together.

Then, still weeping, I spoke to Jesus, “Let’s just bless the Father!” I lifted my hands and worshiped Him.

Then I sensed Him say to me, “Your prayers have been heard; you have what you requested.”

I responded, “May Your Kingdom come, may Your will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven!”

America, turn your heart toward Home. Amen.

* All scripture from the New King James Translation


Copyright © 2016 Elaine Beachy

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your blog which I just found by accident .

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to read your blog which I just found by accident .

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marian! Welcome to my blog, and thanks for commenting! Feel free to "follow" my blog by registering at the top right corner of the page.

      Have a happy Thanksgiving Day!

      Delete