Monday, November 14, 2016

2 Chairs + 1 Journal = Peace





I like to pull out a kitchen chair across the table from me and invite Jesus to sit and fellowship with me. I’ve found that personal invitation to Him enriches and strengthens my life, and enhances the closeness I feel with my Lord and Savior. I ask the Holy Spirit to lead me in worship and prayer and conversation with Jesus.

After I pray in the Spirit and read /study the Word, I tell Him what’s on my mind: whether it’s for a solution I need, or sharing feelings of sadness or anger, and I’m brutally honest with myself and with God. For most of my life, I have prayed, “God, always give me a love for the truth, no matter what it is, no matter if it hits me and I need to change my thinking or behavior. I want to live a life based on honesty with You, myself, and others.” He knows my thoughts and feelings anyway, and it keeps me emotionally and mentally healthy as I unload my burdens on Him.

I ask Him, “Jesus, is there anything You want to say to me?” And then I write in my journal our conversation. I hear Him as I am quiet and His thoughts come to me.

The words I wrote down this morning could just as well apply to the Church of Jesus Christ.

Jesus to me: “You honor Me by walking in integrity of heart. I appreciate your love for the truth; you will be kept from deception.

I have heard, and am answering, your prayers for your family. You have decreed Divine Order, and so it shall be established. I will make the crooked places straight, and the rough places a plain. I will strengthen you and uphold you; I will put My words in your mouth, and no one can stand against them. Every high thing shall come down; every stronghold shall be broken in answer to your prayers, and for the sake of My covenant with you.

Righteousness shall be exalted in this land once again. My truth shall occupy the public square, and many shall be turned from giving ear to the devil’s lies, and shall embrace the Truth. Many shall turn to Me and be saved! I rejoice to see the fruit of My suffering! You make my heart glad, and I rejoice because of your holy warrior spirit given by Me, and accepted by you! I will do great things through you—things you do not even know yet. But I keep My word; you will not be disappointed, because you hope in Me!

Do not be distraught over negative things you see and hear, for I am at work in America, in My Church, and in your family. Be at peace, My Sister; I fight for you. The battle is Mine. Wear the shoes of peace I have given you, and stand your ground. Do not be moved off My word, off My promises, for they shall surely come to pass.”

Me: “Thank You, Jesus, for speaking to me, for encouraging me. I put on the shoes of peace, and walk in love and victory, holding high the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God! I am more than a conqueror, because You have already won the battle against the enemy. I stand firmly in Your victory! You are my King forever! You are to be obeyed! Every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall declare that you alone are Lord!”

Copyright © 2016 Elaine Beachy

No comments:

Post a Comment