Monday, September 17, 2012

America: My Home, Sweet Home

I was in tears before the Lord in prayer this morning as I read the One Year Bible reading for today from Isaiah 25:1 - 28:13.  The Spirit of the Lord, I believe, was weeping through me to see His desires for our nation come to pass as I prayed.   Proverbs 14:34 says that "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people."  The Lord cares about our nation; He wants us to be good citizens of America as well as His Heavenly Kingdom.

As I wept, a poem came to mind that I had written on January 20, 1992, and since we are in an election season that will impact every home in our nation, I want to share it here in this post.

            America The Needy

Like the teen whose heart rebellious
'Gainst the parents' hand is raised,
Going his own way, now dismal,
Loathes to seek parental aid,

So our country, heart rebellious,
Turned her faith from God alone
To free love, Libbers, drugs, abortion,
"New Age" crystals -- hapless stones!

With her hands out-stretched for answers,
Beaten, wounded, bloodied, sore,
She relucts to find salvation
From the One she so abhorred.

Struggle on, then, O Rebellious;
Pile on laws and legislate!
Watch your cities, towns and families
Buckle under such a fate. . .

With His heart of mercy aching,
God waits patiently to see
When her eyes will turn upon Him
So that He might set her free.

Who'll repair the crumbling moorings?
Who will shout the watchman's cry?
Who calls out, "Awake, you sleeper!
Don your armor! To the fray!"

Is it not the Godly-minded
Who for long were trodden down;
Those with faith in God, united,
Who restore our country's crown?

           By Elaine Beachy
           January 20, 1992

Copyright © 2012 Elaine Beachy
   

No comments:

Post a Comment