Tuesday, September 18, 2012

For Now

We took this photo when we were in Arizona a  number of years ago.  The handiwork of God is awesome!  Years ago I wrote a poem about God that I'd like to share with you.

             For Now

He is Alpha and Omega,
Beginning and End,
The First and Last,
The Past, Present, Future.
In the beginning was the Word;
The Word was with God
And the Word was God.
He made the world; 
Made me in His image.
All life bears the imprint
And orderly design 
Of God.

By Him, all things consist.
The sun rises and sets
In perpetual warmth,
Bearing testimony
Of His faithfulness.
In the heart of man
Is the seed of faith
To believe in Him.

But my mind
Stands on tiptoe,
Searching in vain
To know the birthplace
Of God.
I climb to the apex
And strain to see
Beyond the void
That greets me there.
Why is there God?
Who put Him where He is?
Did He make Himself?
Impossible!

At the pinnacle of wondering
I find a black void,
A secret quiet,
Territory impenetrable.
I draw back into the light.
Ah, someday I will know
As I enter His Heaven.
But here, I content myself
To bask in His faithfulness.

This I know:
He has touched my heart
And is my Friend,
Having spoken to me
Through His Word,
Telling me things
I need to know
For now.

          By Elaine Beachy
          February 4, 1992

Copyright © 2012 Elaine Beachy
         

No comments:

Post a Comment