Thursday, June 14, 2012

Who's Your Daddy? Part Six

Today we conclude our leisurely walk through Psalm 23; I've enjoyed the pleasure of your company, and I pray the things God gave me to share as I have "milked" the Word have blessed you as they have blessed me.  My prayer is that as you meditate on who your Daddy really is, that your heart will cry, "Abba, Father", which means "Daddy, Father!"  His arms are stretched out to you; His kingly scepter is never withheld because you are His child if indeed you have asked Jesus to be your Lord and Savior.  He will never, ever, leave you or abandon you. Never.

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."  Psalm 23:6  (NKJ)

Surely: Not maybe, but definitely!

Goodness: The Hebrew in Strong's Concordance, #2898 from # 2895, means: "the best, beauty, gladness, welfare, fair, good thing, joy, go well with."

And mercy: The Hebrew in Strong's Concordance, # 2617, means: "kindness, beauty, favor, good deed, pity. Webster's Ninth Collegiate Dictionary defines it as "compassion or forbearance shown to an offender or to one subject to one's power. A blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion. Compassionate treatment of those in distress."

Shall: "Must, will be able to; used to express a command."

Follow: To pursue in an effort to overtake, to go, proceed, come after.

Me: It's personal. The object of my Good Shepherd's attention.

All: "The whole amount or quantity; as much as possible; the whole number or sum."

The days of my life: "a period of existence or prominence of a person or thing -- day after day for an indefinite or seemingly endless number of days -- day in, day out."

I will: A sure thing. 

Dwell:  Strong's Concordance in the Hebrew, at # 3427 means "to sit down, to remain; settle to marry, make to abide, continue, habitation, inhabit, make to keep house.

In the house of the Lord:  Strong's Concordance, in Hebrew # 1004, house means "family, palace, temple".  In the company of God's family; His dwelling place, His temple."  How wonderful to be in the company of believers who love God and love each other; we are all one big family, here on earth and in Heaven!  It reminds me of the scripture in Ephesians 3:15: "...from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named."  God loves to have a family; He loves our families, and works in families.  One praying believer within a family gives God legal access to intervene and stop satan's work in the life of that loved one. 

Forever:  means "for a limitless time; at all times; continually." 

If I were to paraphrase verse 6, I would say, "Deep joy and well-being by God's overwhelming kindness and favor will pursue me as long as I live; and besides this, I have a permanent home in Daddy's house."  I don't have to make house payments; no one can make me move; I don't have to earn my keep, and no one can foreclose on my heavenly mansion.  I am forever provided for, now, in this life on earth, and in the one to come. 

Who's my Daddy?  He created and holds the entire universe together!  Yet He desires my fellowship and shepherd's me as I walk in this hostile environment called earth. He totally provides for all my needs and invites me to rest in Him.  He shows Himself strong in dealing with my enemies and spreads a feast in front of me while my enemies look on and can't partake.  He is not passive, but notices my every need and care.  He invtes me to throw all my cares on Him and rest in cool green pasture and drink calm, refreshing water.  He heals my wounds and gives me His righteousness. He sees me guiltless in Jesus.  I lack nothing.  That's my Daddy! 

Shalom to you, my friend! 

Copyright © 2012 Elaine Beachy


No comments:

Post a Comment