Friday, November 25, 2011

Book Update November 25



This is the cover design of my first book in the trilogy The Biff and Becka Chronicles.  Book two, which I am editing and polishing at the momemt, is titled "Biff and Becka's Stupendous Vacation".  Book Three will be "Biff and Becka's Splendiferous Christmas". 

Springtime Adventures probably won't be out until sometime in January 2012; it doesn't look as if it'll make it in time for Christmas.  Sorry.  I know many of you are anxiously waiting for it -- so am I!  I want to let you know the Wine Press publishing process schedule and where my book presently is in that process.

1.  Submission of manuscript
2.  Editing
3.  Author reviews/changes
4.  Second edit
5.  Author reviews/changes
6.  Illustrations
7.  Author input/changes
8.  Final illustrations
9.  Author approval
10.  Typesetting
11.  Author reviews
12.  Author changes back and forth
13.  Proofread edit
14.  Font upgrade
15.  Author review
16.  Printer-ready file
17.  Author review
18.  To Print

The first 9 steps took quite a long time with all the back and forth discussions/ changes/ approval, etc.  The next step is no. 10, typesetting, which should begin on Monday.  The process will speed up now, since the hardest part is done. 

Next week, I hope to begin work with Kevin Cochran, my Solutions Advisor at Wine Press, to get my website up and running. 

I intend my books to be for readers ages 8-12, but any child who reads well can read them.  They are also designed for parents/grandparents to read to younger children, with discussion questions at the back of the book.  Questions such as, "What would you have done in this situation?"  or "How did it make you feel when Alice did that?" or "Talk about a scary experience you had", and "What did you do to help you not be afraid?" for example.

I believe parents will also glean knowledge about parenting, and my books contain educational facts about nature, etc.  I also teach life lessons for children as they learn how to make good choices. 

There are 15 black and white illustrations throughout the book; 5 full page and 10 spot (3x4). The retail price will likely be $10.99 or $11.99, depending on the final page count.  I expect about 100 pages.

I plan to do some book signings when the book is released for sale.  If you'd like to host a book signing for me, please let me know early on so I can schedule you in.  At these events, I plan to give away a free 4x6, 50-sheet note pad with a spot illustration watermark on each sheet, with each book purchased.

You will also be able to purchase books directly from Wine Press, or on Amazon, Barnes & Nobel and other places.  It will also be available as an e-book on Nook, Kindle, Apple iBookstore, and will include Look-Inside-The-Book via Amazon, Google, etc.  Info for ordering will be on my website when ready.

I'll keep you posted. :o)

Copyright © 2011 Elaine Beachy

1 comment:

  1. Elaine I love the cover of the book!!!
    Having a granddaughter the age of 10 I can't wait.
    I just know it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete