Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Territory for God

Thanks to Johnese Burtram, Director of the Northern Virginia Christian Writers Fellowship, of which I am a member, I joined the professional network of LinkedIn several months ago.  Just a few days ago, I joined six groups on LinkedIn which are proving to be tremendously helpful and enjoyable for me.  I joined Books and Writers, Creative Designers and Writers, Poets Group, Writer's Cafe, Women's Memoirs, and Self-Published Authors. 

I've had a lot of interaction with the Poets Group.  I submitted two poems of mine to the forum:  "Paradise Lost" and "Reunion", which express what happened after the creation, the fall of man, and what God did to remedy the situation.  A contributor named Robert commented on both of them.  I sat here at my computer and cried as I read his words.  I'll copy one of his comments here:

LinkedIn Groups

Dear Elaine:
Thank you for your preciuos comment on my work. You have a real job ahead as your work is very much needed. Have you given a thought to devotions, or poems that when published help others to be strengthened by your words. There are publishers waitng for you.
Posted by Robert

I felt like I had received a word from the Lord through Him.  So I am prayerfully considering writing a devotional book which includes a number of my poems.

I feel like God is answering the prayer He reminded me to pray a few months ago -- the prayer of Jabez in the Bible.  I Chronicles 4:10, NKJV, records this prayer:  "And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, 'Oh that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain.'  So God  granted him what he requested."

My territory is expanding even as a result of joining the various writer's groups.  Next week I will be involved in the design of my website through Wine Press, as the illustrations are finished now. The cover, done in color, is just beautiful.  The chapter illustrations are beautiful too in black and white.  The book is now in the typesetting department.  I am so eager to have the book completed; so many of you have been patiently waiting. 

Please pray for me that I will be able to do all that is required of me to have my website.  It feels a bit intimidating, because it will be a new step for me.  Would you agree with me in prayer for God to enlarge my territory even more for His glory? 

Love and hugs -- I appreciate you!

Copyright © 2011 Elaine Beachy

2 comments:

  1. Elanie I am excited for you.
    Yes I will agree with you that the Lord would expand your territory and use the gifts and talents He has given you to bring Him glory and edify the body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement, Kathy dear. A lot more has happened as a result of being on LinkedIn -- leads and opportunities I never expected. I need the Holy Spirit's guidance and wisdom so I don't take on too much! God is truly expanding my territory!

    ReplyDelete