Thursday, December 22, 2011

Book Update December 22, 2011



Two days ago I approved the typesetter's work of implementing the changes I wanted, and this morning I heard from Mike Owens, my project manager. I've copied and pasted his message to me.  I need to be patient a little bit longer, but I think it will come out at the right time to be a "springtime" book as we look forward to Spring in February after the Christmas and New Year's celebrations, and the colder weather.  Here is Mike's message:


Thank you for letting me know your typeset text is approved. Now it's time to move on the next stage in the process--the proofread. The proofreads is a milestone in the process. It marks the nearing of the end, as well as the final edit of your book.

During this step, the proofreader will:

Systematically checking for misspellings, typos, omissions and formatting errors, our proficient proofreaders seek to ensure an accurate final manuscript. Proofreading is performed after copy editing and typesetting, to catch any detail out of place before your book is sent to print.

The proofreading process takes about a month to complete. Here're the stages:

1. The proofreader edits the book
2. The typesetters enter the proofreaders changes
3. The Quality Control Department reviews the changes
4. I send the text back to you for review.


Copyright © 2011 Elaine Beachy


No comments:

Post a Comment